PDA

View Full Version : Program Remap Pixel D100

RUTch
25th February 2005, 17:16
จาก 1000Tip โดยคุณ Joel** ซึ่งได้มาจาก http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=12368900 ความว่า ...

OK, this looks like the real thing, poor japaenglish wording and all. So far I've gotten it to communicate with my camera and download pixel info and try to find new hot pixels. Didn't really find any, but that's probably because I had my hot pixels fixed at the local Nikon office a week ago or so, and no new ones have developed so far. Hence, I cannot attest that it actually works as promised, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't.

You need:

* The software; download and unpack it.

* A power supply; at least the program asks that you connect one. It does look like things work battery-only, but do make sure you have a fresh battery before you start playing. I work with embedded systems for a living, and trust me, the risk of messing your camera up badly is very real if you loose power while flash memory updates are in progress. Of course, I don't know how Nikon has implemented their stuff, so I cannot say with certainty that you *will* destroy your camera, but I can say that you definitely *risk* doing so. You have been warned.

* The D100 must be configured as follows:

- USB Mass Storage mode.
- "M"anual exposure mode
- "M"anual auto-focus mode

Ready to rumble?

1. Connect the D100 to the power supply, and to the computer. Power it on.

2. Launch the "Q50ImageAdjustENG.exe" application.

3. BE CAREFUL. This is a tool used by service technicians, and not aimed at normal end-users. It is *not* fool-proof, and it assumes you know what you're doing. If you don't, please take your camera to Nikon instead of risk destroying it yourself.

4. Put lens cap on your lens; we want no light to enter the camera and confuse the calculations of dead pixels. In general, keep the D100 away from significant light during this exercise; it's probably a good idea to block the viewfinder as well. You could cover the camera with something, I guess?

5. Click the "CCD defect compensation" check-box, then click the "Start" button.

6. The camera takes three shots and the program starts calculating. When it's done it asks a funny question, "Is information written in EEPROM?". It appears to mean something along the lines of "should I download the current list of defect pixels from the camera and show you?".

7. The software now updates the list of dead pixels by uploading them to the camera. When that's completed, a list of newly found pixels is displayed along with a list of the other, already-known, pixels.

And that appears to be it. Close the application, turn off the camera, disconnect power supply and USB cable, and enjoy.

A further feature: It looks like you can add/delete pixels manually by clicking the button labeled "Writing of CCD pixel defective information". It opens up a dialog where you can download the pixel data from the camera and add/delete pixels by entering their coordinates manually. I haven't really played with it yet, though.

Electron
25th February 2005, 17:28
เย้ๆๆๆ ช่วงนี้เผา CCD บ่อย มี Hot อยู่ หลายจุด เดี๋ยวลองทำดูครับ

Latitude
25th February 2005, 17:46
ไม่ใช้ D100 ก็ขอเก็บไว้ก่อนนน นะ