PDA

View Full Version : Security Updater for GdiPlus.dll - Windows

RUTch
7th December 2004, 00:18
About this software:
Microsoft Corporation announced the discovery of a security issue related to JPEG processing named "Buffer overrun in JPEG processing (GDI+) could allow code execution" which is outlined on their technical article ID: 833987. This Nikon Security Updater will update the Microsoft Corporation GdiPlus.dll file which is installed by the Nikon software versions listed below and will eliminate the possibility of this security issue happening.

- This Security Updater is only necessary for users of Nikon View version 6.1 or later, or PictureProject version 1.0 - 1.0.1 (Windows).
- You must have Administrator authority when performing this upgrade under Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
- Exit all software applications that may be running, and turn off all virus-checking software before proceeding with this upgrade.
- Your computer must be restarted after performing this upgrade.
- See the Microsoft Corporation web site for information and download of security updates for Microsoft Windows and other software applications.

Install Guide:
Click here to download the Security Updater install guide.

Compatible OS:
Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
Microsoft Windows Me
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Professional inc SP2
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition inc SP2
*All pre-installed models only

This download includes the following file(s):
SecurityUpdater.exe

General Instructions - Click here for general instructions on how to download and open compressed files.
Licence Agreement - Click here to view the Nikon Licence Agreement.

Click here to agree to the Licence Agreement and START download (ftp://cE8PRh1bKq:v2i53R7F@ftp.nikon-euro.com/Software/bD80i1Syu2I3Yhc/SecurityUpdater.exe)
File size - 1.74MB

จาก http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nikoneurope_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=7-FVbjsh&p_lva=&p_faqid=12144&p_created=1101205203&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NjQzJnBfY2F0X2x2bDI9fmFueX4mcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=